Austin has been nationally recognized as one of the best places to live, invest, work & retire:
- Sound Investment: Austin is the 2nd best investment market in the country according to Realtor.com.
- Job Growth: Austin ranked No. 1 among the nation's 50 largest metro areas in job growth over the past eight years.
- Low Stress: Austin ranks low on list of the "Most Stressful" U.S. cities.
- Innovative Spirit: Austin is No. 2 U.S. city, behind San Francisco, for tech startups.
- Retirement Mecca: Austin has been named a great place to retire by CBS Moneywatch.
- Escalating Income: Texas ranks No. 3 for income growth according to new data new data from the U.S. Department of Commerce.
- Career Happiness: Texas named 3rd 'best state to make a living' in MoneyRates.com study.
In addition to these accolades, a Yahoo! finance report
recently reported that it's a great time to build a home due to "record levels of affordability, thanks to a combination of low rates and a steep decline in prices."