"Austin Rated #1 Tech City in the World by Savills in 2017"
Austin ranks as the world's number one Tech City. IBM, Dell and AMD all have a long-established presence here, and today low taxes, favourable real estate costs and a strong entrepreneurial culture mean the Texan capital maintains a thriving and innovative start-up scene, with access to some of the world's top talent.
ALL CITY METRIC COMPARISON
We have looked at five strands which help to explain the success of our Tech Cities, ranging from business conditions and tech environment through to the quality of life and cost of accommodation. All of the metrics identified have been rated and weighted to give our overall tech city ranking.
Savills, a United Kingdom-based global real estate establishment has rated Austin #1 in their list of the 22 top cities in the world for Tech. The 5 criteria analyzed were:
- Business Environment- business costs, start-ups and entrepreneurs, links w/other cities
- Tech Environment- broadband, infrastructure, consumer engagement
- Buzz and Wellness- Quality of life, entertainment, draw
- Talent Pool- Ability to attract talent
- Real Estate Costs- Affordability to rent or buy