Austin-area home sales rise 14 percent, hit seven-year high
Austin-area home sales rise 14 percent, hit seven-year high for November
AUSTIN, Texas - In the report just released today, by the Austin Board of REALTORS (ABoR), According to the (MLS) report the volume of home sales continues to rise as November became the 30th straight month of sales volume increases and the most home sales in November since 2006!According to the report, 1,899 single-family homes were sold in the Austin area, which is 14 percent more than November 2012. The median price for Austin-area homes was $219,530, which is 10 percent more than the same month in 2012.
With strong activity across all segments of the market, the Austin-area housing market has been full steam ahead through the holidays and the rest of the year, Our city’s population and job growth show no signs of slowing down, so 2014 will likely be another competitive year for Austin real estate.In November 2013, inventory remained at a historically low level of 2.3 months, which is more than half of a month less than November 2012. Additionally, homes spent an average of 51 days on the market, which is a decrease of 16 days from one year prior. The total dollar volume of single-family properties sold was $555,757,542 or 24 percent higher than the same month last year. The market also featured the same amount of new listings, 11 percent fewer active listings and two percent more pending sales in November 2013 compared to the prior year. November 2013 Statistics
- 1,899 – Single-family homes sold, 14 percent more than November 2012.
- $219,530 – Median price for single-family homes, 10 percent more than November 2012.
- 51 – Average number of days single-family homes spent on the market, 16 days fewer than November 2012.
- 1,967 – New single-family home listings on the market, statistically unchanged from November 2012.
- 5,119 – Active single-family home listings on the market, 11 percent fewer than November 2012.
- 1,756 – Pending sales for single-family homes, two percent more than November 2012.
- 2.3 – Months of inventory* of single-family homes, more than half of a month less than November 2012.
- $555,757,542 – Total dollar volume of single-family properties sold, 24 percent more than November 2012.